March, 2009 - Maintainance release, Version 3.4.4d
Version 3.4.3 is published
- RTF Parser is extended to support form fields;
- Rendering of form fields is applied (check boxes are drawn using in-stream SVG graphics);
- Add "fix-svg-indents" attribute in FOP-compatibility options to remove FOP bug in drawing SVG;
- Add workaround to fix the bug of latest MS Word updates concerning to incorrect using of header/footer destinations.
Version 3.4.2 is published
- Redesign of RTF2FO logging system. Any logger can be used now;
- New logging is based on ExternalLogger interface;
- Introduce RTFOPDF.java class example converting RTF to PDF in the memory using RTF2FO and FOP-0.20.5;
- Fix a bug with default border width if it is omitted;
- Support for "current page number" active symbol;
- Missing char in "Symbol" and "ZapfDingbats" fonts is now substituted with U+2395 char (a rectangle).
3.4.1 is published
- Support the "INCLUDEPICTURE" field;
- Support the "if PAGE = NUMPAGES" field in header/footer;
- Add "simple-server-path" compatibility property (for FOP);
- Parse OpenOffice frame commands;
- Convert text from a single shape of any type;
- Fix a bug with empty borders in tables.
Version 3.4 is published
- Add the "parse-ignore-case", "parse-by-specification", "parse-with-old-margins", "conversion-density"
options which allow override corresponding system properties for the RTF Parser;
- Add the "hide-track-changes" option and the "rtf.parse.hide-track-changes" system property;
- Open the RTF DOM Specification and API;
- Add the "show-rtfdom" option;
- Improve the RTF2FO GUI: hints are added, new options are added, auto-selection of compatibility
model is applied when an output plug-in is changed;
- Add testing on trial time period in the evaluation version of RTF2FO; if trial time period is not expired,
the evaluation version works as the full version without staining a FO output;
- Improve plug-ins search method: all plug-in configuration files can be stored in the rtf2fo.jar now (in
the subdirectory "ru.novosoft.dc.rtf2fo.plugins"); plug-in configuration files stored in the file system
have a precedence on those stored in jar;
- Add possibility to apply filters before converting an RTF DOM to XSL FO;
- Add two low-level methods to RTF2FO class: the build() method returns an RTF DOM and additional
convert() method allows convert an RTF DOM to XSL FO;
- Fix a bug with incorrect ignoring of \bin command in RTF Parser;
- Improve processing of tables having "at-least" constrains on their rows.
- Search of auxiliary files in jar is improved: absolute position of them in jar (e.g. "conf" subdirectory of jar) is replaced with relative position (e.g. with "conf" subdirectory of rtf2fo package directory in jar).
- Add API for output plug-ins as methods of RTF2FOContext class;
- Improve line height calculation algorithm (the size of paragraph or cell marker is ignored if the paragraph content consists of smaller or bigger text);
- Interpret bookmarks inside field instructions;
- Add the "show-doc-info" option;
- Improved handling of uri-specification in XSL FO. Picture and external URIs are now encoded in some way depending on compatibility model to allow local encodings in URI specification;
- Add the "use-absolute-refs" option;
- Add the "clip-headers" option;
- Remove the "compare-pictures" option, because the comparison of pictures is always applied now;
- Producing of indented fo-output in GUI is now available;
- Watermarks are now supported;
- Add the "allow-watermarks" option;
- Algorithm for searching auxiliary files is extended to search in java resources.
- Add user-defined overriding feature for RTF2FO conversion models;
- Implement the "separate-inlines" conversion mode;
- Extended support for RTF Specification 1.7 (process 15 row shading commands);
- Extended track changes support (revised text is marked with red color);
- Parse all compatibility options for RTF Specification 1.7;
- The "brdrnone" command is always interpreted as no-border;
- Bug with empty field instructions fixed.
- Renaming of compatibility options with Antenna House XSL Formatter from ahxf to axf;
- Possibility of hiding of useless compatibility models is added;
- In compatibility with FOP, continuous section breaks are now interpreted using the base solution;
- The compatibility with XEP 3.2 is added (in multicolumn layout, footnotes are spanned to the whole width of page as recommended in XSL FO Specification 1.0);
- The compatibility with FOP-0.20.5 is added (the last right tab is converted using last-line-end-indent attribute);
- Word-only underlining is implemented (but well-known renderers do not understand it yet);
- Processing of leading spaces in paragraphs is improved (we change them to no-breaking spaces to avoid their collapsing);
- Partial support of RTF 1.7 Specification (convert table borders of the new style);
- Bug with interpreting of zero-width cells with horizontal spans in tables fixed;
- Picture plug-ins occasionally deactivated in version 3.2 work again.
The color mixing algorithm is improved;
- Shading with pattern color is supported by mixing the background and foreground colors in respective proportion;
- The auto color is supported (automatic change of the text auto color to white color if the background is too dark);
- Sophisticated selection of line stacking strategy is introduced;
- Bug with disappearing an empty paragraph containing a bookmark fixed;
- Bug with parsing of endnote separators fixed;
- Table rules of new style are now recognized;
- More exact parsing of cell spacing attributes;
- Table-header rows are interpreted as table-body rows if a table has no body.
- The internal structure of the converter is completely redesigned to a new modular technology;
- New implementation of tabs rendering: all types of tabs for all font variants are now supported;
- Improve processing of leaders in tabs;
- Bugs with incorrect borders (disappearing or extra borders) in tables are fixed;
- Deleted text is marked with red color and line-through decoration;
- Text raising supported;
- Exact font metrics for subscript and superscript;
- Allow strict rendering of small caps ("strict-small-caps" option);
- Conversion of line breaks improved;
- Improve in conversion of groups of paragraphs with identical formatting having borders and shading;
- Internal structure of fo-document is improved: in template preparing mode style attributes are grouped in attribute sets;
- The "rtf-info" option is introduced;
- The fo:root customization feature is introduced ("preference" option).
Maintenance release, version 3.2.2
- Fixed bug with cycles in nested tables.
Maintenance release, version 3.2.1
- Fixed bug with extra borders in tables;
- Fixed bug in parsing picture shape attributes inside shape parameters;
- Nonstandard rtf-files starting with \rtf without parameter are now processed.
- RTF2FO Graphics User Interface is completely changed
- The internal structure of the converter is partially redesigned to a new modular technology
- Compatibility options are replaced with the "model" option
- Output plug-ins are introduced
- Loading of GUI preferences in command line run is now enabled
- Full implementation of tables (support of horizontal positioning, separate borders, headers, invisible cells, and pagination properties is added)
- Section breaks of all types are supported
- Quick Start User's Guide introduced
- Non-grouped textboxes are supported using absolutely positioned blocks
- Section start page number is supported
- Improvements in bookmarks support (avoid *** reference in Antenna House XSL Formatter)
- Optimization: neighbor inline strings with the same formatting context are merged
- Improvements in parsing rtf file. Files nonconforming RTF Specification are parsed without troubles
- RTF2FO: RTF to XML converter! configuration method improved
- The user's manual is almost new
- The entirely new implementation of RTF2FO: RTF to XML converter! is based on the new RTF Parser
- The user's API is entirely new
Maintenance release, version 2.2.2
- Fop 0.20.4 compatibility file added
- Bug fixes
- Graphics conversion plug-in interface is introduced.
- Fix a bug in GUI options configuration.
- Fix bugs with transparent background color, incorrect padding in table cells, and incorrect positioning of headers and footers.
- GUI introduced
- All paragraph pagination properties are supported (widow/orphan control, keep together, keep with next, page break before)
- All variants of paragraph line spacing are supported
- Cell, paragraph, and text color shading without pattern supported
- Last page number field supported
- Cell margins supported
- Tabs rendering is turned off if graphics could not be initialized
- Support of tabs is essentially improved using partial rendering.
- The following special characters are supported: "en-dash", "em-dash", "copyright", "trademark", "registered", "ellipsis", left and right single/double quotes, and "bullet" (it is bigger now).
- Paragraph shading without pattern supported.
- Compatibility options with XSL Formatter from Antenna House, Inc. added.
- All new implementation of the converter version 2.0.
- Subscript supported.
- More border types in tables.
- Footnote separator support.
- Compatibility options added.
- Installer is prepared.
Maintenance release, version 1.3.1
- Conversion specification added: conversion rules limitations test examples references.
- Additional columns support: gap width column breaks.
- Additional tabs support and TOC's tabs: leader-like tab recognition.
- Lists of the new format are supported.
- Logging added: option -v or --verbose. Prints unsupported RTF control words and exceptions.
Version 1.1 of RTF2FO: RTF to XML converter!